In June of 2014, we took the two Main Street storefronts and started the Emlenton Mill Emporium. We put Nancy’s potters wheel in the NE corner where there was lots of light and her kilns under the hood in the Cafe kitchen.
Built in 1875, the Emlenton Mill was one of the first steam powered grist mills in the United States. Later converted to gas and then electricity the Mill was in operation for over 100 years. Located in Emlenton, the southern gateway to the Oil Heritage Region, the Mill sat on the scenic Allegheny River, close to the Allegheny River Bike trail. It was located just off I80 at exit 45 on Main street in Emlenton, PA.
On February 5, 2015 the Emlenton Mill burned. Over 200 firefighters from 50 companies fought the fire and we thank them for braving the ice, fire and cold. We loved the Mill and will miss it.