May 21, 2015
By 1899 the Mill was under the ownership of WJ McConnell and Albert Cochran, brother-in-law of James Bennett. The plant was described as consisting of engines and boilers of 60 horsepower, nine sets of rolls (short process), with a capacity of 150 barrels a day. In 1894 a new group of men were owners: Sam Barnard, Chairman; EB Borland, Vice Chairman; George F Fox, Secretary and Treasurer; Sylvester Logan, Miller and Millwright. Mr. Logan lived in the small miller’s house adjacent to the Mill, as had his predecessors. At this time, (only 2 decades after opening) all the old machinery was taken out and replaced with the “latest improved new machinery and appliances used in the prosecution of the business.” Newton A Carroll was brought in from Attica, New York, for the rebuild, While here he met and married Eva Sands, daughter of local oil producer and businessman Franklin Sands.
Source: A Stroll Through Historic Emlenton June 1997